Did you find it easy to find a partner to practice a language?
Most of us who are studying foreign languages have faced the difficulty of finding a reliable person who can practice with us.
If you have asked a Latin friend for a favor, the conversation often does not flow as it should, and you feel you did not learn enough.
I’ve tried to practice with American friends, but they don’t have enough time when I need to practice, don’t correct me enough, or think it’s not very pleasant to teach someone else English.
To solve this problem, many try to try applications where language exchange is typical, but from my point of view, they also don’t serve the purpose of helping and guiding you in your learning.
Today I want to talk to you about what can help you take your Spanish to the next level.
SpanishVIP is a service on practicing Spanish with qualified teachers who understand you and can help you.
Today I want to talk to you about what can help you take your Spanish to the next level, SpanishVIP is service on practicing Spanish with qualified teachers who understand you and can help you all the time.
I would try to be as honest as possible, as I would not recommend a service if I hadn’t tested it first.
So here are the pros and cons of using SpanishVIP.
Who is SpanishVIP?
SpanishVIP is an online Spanish tutoring company, specializing in one-on-one and group classes.
Since inception, they have given more than 100,000 hours of online classes with teachers based in Venezuela and Colombia.
How does the service work?
It’s effortless to go to their website, register on the platform, choose the best plan that suits your needs, and Spanish VIP will contact you to give you the first-class for free.
This free class works for your teacher to talk to you about your level of Spanish and your learning needs.
How are the classes at SpanishVIP?
I had the opportunity to try a class with a Colombian teacher named Angie Rojas. I sent her an email to mention the date and the application where we would take the course (Zoom, Google Hangouts, or Skype).
The answer was quick, and Angie asked me what I would like to see in the class, of course, this can change according to the student’s needs, but in my case, I wanted to learn Colombian slang.
I was excited because it was my first class in Spanish, and the truth is that even though I have been speaking Spanish all my life, I wanted to learn about the Colombian culture.
My teacher chose materials (slides) designed exclusively for me. I was able to access and review later (although there are many topics you can access, the teachers always send you sheets, tests, computer graphics).
During the class, I learned a bit of subjunctive; Angie taught me some of her country’s culture and some Colombian expressions.
Once I finished the class, I had the option to schedule the next one, and for any doubt, the teacher gave me her email where we can have communication.
What did I like about SpanishVIP?
- The attention of the teachers: the focus is friendly and super personalized (one-on-one). The teachers are in constant training and do not doubt that they will help you solve your doubts.
- Students’ opinions: Students have a good experience when taking classes at SpanishVIP.
- Flexible class schedules: Depending on the plan you choose, you can take classes in the mornings or afternoons. You can schedule your courses up to one day in advance.
- Latin American teachers: an indispensable requirement for you to improve your Spanish is that the teacher speaks Spanish. This service has mainly teachers from Venezuela and Colombia, so you will not have problems to enhance your listening and speaking.
- Fair treatment of employees: After reading online about the scandals of some competitors who abuse employees and offer extremely low wages, I was wary of a similar thing happening at SpanishVIP. After speaking with my teacher Angie and a few other members of the team, I feel comfortable saying they treat their employees really well. This definitely matters to me.
- Price: the price is low; it can even be a better option to services known as Italki or Lingoda.
What did I not like about SpanishVIP?
- Slang: Currently, there are only teachers from Venezuela and Colombia, so it can be challenging to practice a particular accent. But the Spanish you will practice with your teachers is every day in Latin America. It should not be a problem to ask your teacher if he or she can help you understand an accent and vocabulary from other Latin American countries.
- Certification: it is possible to obtain a certificate from SpanishVIP, but if you are looking for an international document, look for those issued by DELE and SIELE (International Spanish Language Evaluation Service).
I think that SpanishVIP can definitely help if you’re looking for a fun and engaging way to learn. It’s a good alternative to apps, courses, or university programs that can be slow and unproductive.
They customize your curriculum based around your individual needs… So regardless of your current level or goals in learning Spanish, I would recommend checking them out. With the level of service they offer at such a competitive price, it is hard to say if they would be beat by any other Spanish tutoring offering in the market.
What did you think of the article?
We love reading your comments.