In this episode you’ll meet a Chiara Casarroto, an Italian student tells you her experience studying Spanish in Mexico.
If you are Italian and you are planning to travel and study Spanish in Mexico this interview will be of great help.
- 100 Common Spanish Phrases (Audio)
- I Miss you in Spanish (Audio)
- A German Student Tell you Her Experience Studying Spanish in México
Questions and answers in English
Note: (This is an abridged version)
1. Tell me a little about yourself. What did you study? And Why did you decide to study Spanish in Mexico?
In Italy, in high school, I decided to study graphic design, and at university, I studied Spanish and Portuguese for a year. Then I left university to work and to travel Mexico.
I decided to travel to Mexico because I love Latin America and I think Mexico it is one of the safest countries if we compare it with Venezuela or Colombia. Argentina has a complicated accent and Spain also has an accent I don’t like.
2. How much interest do you think there is in Italy for Studying Spanish?
There are a lot of exchange students between Italy and Spain. A lot of people travel to Spain to Learn Spanish.
3. How difficult is it for an Italian student to study Spanish in Mexico? What issues did you go through?
The most difficult thing is to get lodging, fortunately, I have a friend here who helped me and found me a house near CEPE with many others.
To enroll was also complicated because I could not enroll in the course I wanted and no one answered me to give me information.
4. What topics make it harder for you or what do you think will be difficult for an Italian student to study Spanish?
The accent and slang are hard for me. I do not understand because they speak very fast or have a different accent.
5. Do you like classes in CEPE?
It’s the third week I took Spanish and the classes are interesting, but some classes are boring like grammar and very long. I take classes from 9 am to 12 pm.
6. Would you like to stay in Mexico longer?
I would like to stay, but I don’t know yet.
7. What do you like about Mexico?
The people are very friendly and greet you everywhere.
8. What do not you like about Mexico?
The traffic and some areas are very poor. But in the poor areas I really like the architecture, I went to the “La Bola” market and I loved it.
9. Do you feel safe in the city?
In the day I do, in the night not so much, because I live in the center, and I do not go out much at night.
10. Would you recommend an Italian friend to come to Mexico?
Yes, without a doubt, it is a city that you have to know at least once in a lifetime and not only stay a week or two weeks but two or three months.
11. Would you like to visit some other places in Mexico?
Yes, I already have a list of places, I would like to visit Merida, Acapulco, La Paz, Monterrey, Cancún y Acapulco.
12. What recommendation would you give to someone who wants to study Spanish in Mexico?
The first thing to think about is the lodging. Be sure to plan your trip very well.
13. What about the visa?
Well, the Italians can come with a tourist visa and we can be here studying with no problem
Thanks to Chiara for the Interview!
You may want to read: Best Place in Latin America to Learn Spanish